Friday, February 17, 2012

Why did God create unbelievers?

        Why did God create unbelievers? I see fellow Christians getting stumped when being asked this question, so I wanted to show how I answer it.

        First, it's an error to pose this question from the beginning of time in retrospect and here's why:

        What skeptics like to do is pose themselves at a point in the past at the beginning of all things, knowing that certain men and entities will commit evil and pose the question, "how can you make them, then?" across a span of time where outcomes can't be changed. But what they DON'T like to do is realize that everyone, including them, is actually asking this question from a PRESENT moment, when they still have a choice to change things. Thus, they are responsible for their choices.       
       
        Also, it only takes a simple scenario to show that God's fore-knowledge and man's free will can exist at the same time: If I were to slap someone across their face, they'd tell me to stop. If I belligerently told them I can do whatever I want and slapped them again, they'd most likely slap me back. Why? Because they would know that I had made a conscious, willful choice to slap them. But here's the question: Did God always know I was going to do it? Yes. But did I still use my free will to make the choice to do it? Yes. I wouldn't be able to say "You can't slap me back because God's fore-knowledge made me do it." I'd look silly and I would have no excuse.
 
        It's the same thing with God. You make a choice to accept or reject him, fate or no fate, and there is no excuse.

Romans 1:20
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

        But here's the most serious answer:

       The word of God tells us that God loved man before his creation, and since God is omniscient, knowing the end from the beginning, he knew man would fall. Therefore, even before he created man, he created a plan of salvation for man. Curious thing that he doesn't ever get credit for THAT, right?

1st Peter 1:19-21
19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20. Who verily was foreordained BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21. Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.


Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him [the Anti-Christ], whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the FOUNDATION of the world.